ARC is committed to maintaining the highest standards of corporate governance and risk management through its adherence to regulatory standards and industry-leading practices in ESG oversight.
We believe that sound corporate governance practices are foundational in realizing our organizational purpose, in building trust with stakeholders and Indigenous partners, and in ensuring that ARC and our employees adhere to the highest standards of ethical conduct.
- Ensure appropriate focus and oversight on ESG strategies and practices
- Continually improve governance structure and processes
- Ensure strong link between executive compensation and performance, including incorporating ESG metrics into determination of compensation levels
2020 Key Performance Highlights
- 8 of 9 directors were independent
- 22% of directors were female
- 5x base salary share ownership requirement for the CEO, ≥2x for all other officers
Goals and Targets
- Ensure appropriate Board oversight on ESG matters through sub-committees
- Maintain Board structure of independent directors, including the Board Chair
- Promote gender diversity by establishing a minimum of 30% female representation at the Board level within the next three years
- Expand scope of third-party assurance of key ESG performance metrics.
- Incorporate key performance metrics, including several ESG-related metrics, into corporate performance scorecard to determine executive compensation levels