ARC strives to have a positive impact on the communities in which we operate and to provide opportunities that benefit those who support and are impacted by our business and the energy we produce.
Central to ARC’s operations is the health, safety, and well-being of our employees, contractors, and the communities in which we operate. Through strong ESG practices, ARC has always been committed to building strong and lasting relationships with Indigenous Peoples, improving the quality of lives in local communities, and developing its assets in the most responsible manner possible.
ARC adheres to the highest employment standards, which has made ARC an employer of choice. Delivering on these commitments requires a diverse and inclusive workforce. ARC is committed to equitable treatment of its staff and values all employees for their unique contributions.
- Be an industry leader in health, safety, and environmental practices and performance
- Form strong relationships with Indigenous communities
- Create shared value for society
- Foster a diverse and inclusive workforce
2020 Key Performance Highlights
- 7 years without an employee lost-time incident
- Approximately $1.5 million donated to charitable organizations in 2020
- 8 scholarships awarded to Indigenous students through Indspire
- >$2,000 per employee invested in training
Goals and Targets
- Deliver industry-leading safety performance in total recordable injury frequency and lost-time incident frequency
- Reduce incidents with the potential to seriously harm (“PH3+ Frequency”)
- Acknowledge recommendations published in internationally recognized United Nations Declaration of Indigenous Peoples (UNDRIP)
- Make concerted efforts to sign Impact Benefit Agreements with Indigenous Peoples in ARC’s primary areas of development
- Continue to demonstrate leadership through active engagement with stakeholders on subjects such as a noise mitigation, induced seismicity, etc.
- Commit a minimum of $1 million annually to community development initiatives
- Create a formal recruitment strategy to build an inclusive workforce with a focus on increasing gender, race, and Indigenous heritage diversity in roles currently under-represented, including management and field operations