Our ESG Performance Update provides an overview of ARC’s 2020 performance, highlighting key metrics, initiatives and accomplishments that were achieved from January 1 to December 31, 2020.
In the face of a challenging year, ARC safely executed our business while upholding our commitments to shareholders, stakeholders, and Indigenous communities. We kept our people and communities safe without compromising on our dedication to responsible development.
Read the 2021 ESG Performance Update.
ESG Performance Highlights
- 8 of 9 directors were independent (including the board chair)
- 20% of directors were women
- 100% director meeting attendance
- ~16% reduction in GHG emissions intensity from 2019 baseline
- >450,000 carbon credits generated in 2020
- $60 million invested in emissions reduction initiatives
- 0 employee LTIs since January 2014
- ~$1.5 million donated to local communities
- 8 scholarships awarded to Indigenous students through Indspire