Senior Surface Landman
Location Name: Corporate Office (Calgary, Alberta, CA)
Date Posted: Oct 30, 2019
Experience Level(s): Not Specified
Job Type(s): Not Specified
Education Level(s): Not Specified
Job ID: job-922
At ARC, we are in the business of producing some of the world’s most sustainable and ethical oil and gas resources. People join ARC to be part of something truly unique: a Canadian owned and operated energy company with a reputation for doing what is right. Since our inception more than twenty years ago, we have been leaders in responsible development. At ARC, we create value for our shareholders while fostering a culture where respect for the individual is paramount and action and passion are rewarded. By employing top talent and relentlessly striving for excellence, we have earned our place as a leading Canadian energy company.
We all need energy, and the sustainable resources we supply will play a critical role in both decreasing global emissions and improving standards of living worldwide. Join ARC for the chance to meaningfully contribute to the future of energy.
We are currently seeking a Senior Surface Landman. The successful candidate will have broad-based knowledge of the oil and gas industry as well extensive working knowledge of all surface-related matters in western Canada. This exciting full-time, permanent position is based in Calgary and reports to the Manager, Surface Land & Aboriginal Relations.
- Managing and coordinating the timely and accurate regulatory approval, negotiation and acquisition surface rights for wellsites, pipelines, and facilities;
- Liaising with asset teams and participating in regular meetings to ensure project status and surface land challenges are properly communicated and understood;
- Keeping informed on trends and specific issues relating to surface land access including compensation, policy and procedural changes of landowner organizations, land agents and industry;
- Analyzing and remaining current on applicable policies and regulation on freehold and crown lands affecting surface rights, environmental issues and land access issues;
- Settling damage claims and negotiating rental reviews;
- Coordinating and managing aboriginal consultation;
- Developing and maintaining efficient communication and cohesion within operational groups;
- Providing strong mentorship within the surface land team; and
- Commitment to demonstrating a high level of professionalism, self-discipline, and integrity.
The ideal candidates will possess the following key attributes:
- A valid Permanent Land Agents license;
- A minimum of 12 years as a Surface Land Agent in the petroleum industry;
- Post-secondary education in a land related discipline is preferred;
- Strong knowledge of British Columbia regulations and AMS;
- Exceptional reporting and organizational skills;
- The ability to self-start, manage and prioritize workloads while effectively working as a team member and communicating appropriately
- Superior business acumen and proven ability to recognize business opportunities and how they relate to ARC’s overall performance;
- Exceptional relationship building capabilities and a collaborative working style;
- Strong computer skills including CS Explorer, Pandell Projects & GeoScout;
- Ability and willingness to travel to the field as required;
- Valid driver’s license;
- High level of enthusiasm and willingness to take initiative; and
- Excellent work ethic and ability to excel in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
Applications are being accepted until November 18, 2019.Apply Now