Senior Policy Analyst
Location Name: Corporate Office Calgary, Alberta, CA
Date Posted: Jun 21, 2019
Profession: Environment, Health & Safety
Experience Level(s): Not Specified
Job Type(s): Not Specified
Education Level(s): Not Specified
Job ID: job-900
ARC’s vision is to be a leading energy producer, focused on delivery of results through its strategy of risk-managed value creation. ARC is committed to providing superior long-term financial returns for its shareholders; creating a culture where respect for the individual is paramount and action and passion is rewarded; and to running our business in a manner that protects the safety of employees, communities and the environment. At ARC, our strong track record of success has been built on our core belief that outstanding people, combined with a great corporate culture creates a winning environment.
We are currently seeking a progressive leader in the role of Senior Policy Analyst. As a key member of ARC’s Operations team, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the business is aware of new and emerging policies and regulations and will advise the organization on potential business impacts. The Senior Policy Analyst will also aid in the development of engagement and advocacy strategies. This position will report directly to the Manager, HSER.
- Ensure risks associated with emerging regulatory policies and legislative changes are identified, tracked, mitigated, and communicated throughout the organization;
- Help the organization proactively stay current on federal and provincial regulations and ensure that the organization is compliant in all areas of the business;
- Lead the integration and alignment of teams in the development of regulatory advocacy strategies to avoid business delays and reputation impacts;
- Ensure strong communication on new compliance requirements throughout the organization and support ARC’s operations teams on regulatory issues to ensure operational excellence; and
- Build strong cross-functional relationships throughout the organization and ensure that peer communication is solid.
- The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of experience in a policy related role within the upstream Western Canadian oil and gas industry.
- Exceptional technical knowledge of upstream production operations;
- Strong background in interpreting and working with regulations and policy;
- Outstanding relationship building capability and a collaborative working style - strong team player with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills;
- Familiarity with the regulatory framework and key decision makers of the Alberta Energy Regulator and BC Oil and Gas Commission, and an ability to influence regulatory changes through active engagement;
- Familiarity with Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers’ (CAPP) organization, mandate, and key decision makers and possess the ability to influence regulatory and policy discussions and decisions;
- Strong business acumen - ability to understand business strategies/issues and capture opportunities;
- Clear presentation and communication skills;
- Results focused – ability to identify needs and develop initiatives to drive performance improvements;
- Strong organizational skills and project management capabilities;
- Strength of character, integrity and courage, strong aptitude for learning; and
- High level of energy and ability to excel in a flexible, fast paced environment.
Applications are being accepted until August 16, 2019.