Senior Database Administrator
Location Name Corporate Office Calgary, Alberta, CA
Date Posted Oct 09, 2018
Profession Information Technology
Experience Level(s) Mid-Level
Job Type(s) Full Time
Job ID job-871
At ARC, our strong track record of success has been built on our core belief that outstanding people, combined with a great corporate culture creates a winning environment.
ARC Resources Ltd. is currently seeking a Senior Database Administrator, who will be responsible for the operation of Oracle and Microsoft SQL database environments. This is a full-time permanent position.
This role will provide leadership, support and mentoring to the other members of the database and development teams. You will be responsible for all database environment(s), including highly available Oracle and SQL clustered environments, BI / Data Warehouse, and Azure environments.
The successful candidate will be required to perform installation, configuration, maintenance (including patches and upgrades), and performance tuning of the Oracle and MS SQL databases with minimal direction. You will be responsible for the daily validation of backups, performance monitoring, and database capacity management as well as managing the SQL Azure environments (Development, Testing and Production).
Assisting with High Availability and Disaster Recovery implementation and support. You will closely interact with Application and BI Developers, Business Analysts, and Network and SAN Engineers, as well as other team members involved in project planning, development and testing. Hands-on experience with SQL Plus scripting; PL/SQL scripting; SQL Code performance tuning; Perl Scripting and Unix Shell scripting.
- Information technology related Degree from a recognized post secondary institution.
- A minimum of 5-10 years MS SQL and Oracle DBA experience.
- Expert knowledge and working experience with highly available systems, MS SQL 2012 / 2014 / 2016 clustered environments.
- Proven knowledge of disaster recovery planning and concepts as it pertains to the Oracle and MS SQL database systems.
- Experience with MS SQL Server Analysis Services, SQL Server Reporting Services, and SQL Server Integration Services.
- Proven knowledge and working experience with database performance tuning.
- Knowledge of public cloud infrastructures and migration of on-premises SQL Server databases into Azure.
- Experience managing services and common tasks using Azure PowerShell, Visual Studio and Azure Command-Line Interface.
- Experience implementing Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS on Azure.
- Experience with Oil and Gas database applications, such as QbyteFM, Qbyte Metrix, PVR, CS Explorer, Wellview, AFE Navigator and Mosaic.
- Experience with Oracle Database tools for determining performance problems.
- Experience with SAN storage technologies and concepts.
- Experience with IBM Aix and HACMP clustering.
- Experience with TSM backup and recovery.
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Technical writing.
- Attention to detail.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to work independently.
- Good analytical, problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
- Ability to work in a team orientated environment.
- The ability to follow defined process and procedures.
Applications are being accepted until November 08, 2018.Apply Now