Senior Advisor, Digital Communications
ARC has had an exciting growth story driven by the invaluable contributions of our people, principled business strategy and high-performance culture. Today, we are one of Canada’s largest energy companies with industry-leading environmental, social and governance (ESG) performance and tremendous opportunity on the horizon.
We are proud to play an important role in the development of Canada’s energy resources and recognize that this must be done responsibly. Through innovation, teamwork and a commitment to operational excellence, our people drive our company’s success. From the office to the field, our team of talented professionals work hard each day to safely execute our business and create positive and lasting impacts for our stakeholders.
Since our inception, we have created an environment that has become more than just a workplace. Our people care about one another, give back in the communities where we live and work, and deliver results. We take pride in what we do and are excited to find our next team member to join our winning team.
As a Senior Advisor, Digital Communications you will use your skills as a master communicator and expert digital strategist to create and deliver effective communications across a variety of digital platforms.
A key member of the External Communications team, you will be responsible for partnering closely with teams across the company to develop and deliver effective communications plans and materials in support of business objectives. This includes communications across a variety of mediums – videos, infographics, web stories, speeches, social media posts, news releases and everything in between.
As a digital guru, you will steward and execute ARC’s overarching digital strategy to reinforce the ARC brand, drive audience engagement and grow our communities. Your passion for analytics and knowledge of current best practices will inform and continuously improve our strategies to ensure we deliver impactful and results-driven communications suitable for each medium. Day-to-day, you will be responsible for the management of ARC’s digital channels (website, social media and e-newsletters), as well as social media monitoring, issues management and escalation, and overseeing the editorial calendar.
Our External Communications team is responsible for supporting corporate communications, stakeholder communications, crisis communications, brand, web management, social media and media relations. We’re seeking a creative, strategic and experienced digital communications professional who shares our passion for thinking outside the box and delivering effective communications that bring the ARC brand to life.
Responsibility Area #1 – Communications Planning & Execution
- Works collaboratively with internal teams to develop effective communications plans in support of business objectives.
- Creates and delivers compelling, informative and audience-centric communications that reflect best practices for each medium including: social media posts, infographics, video, website stories, posters, key messages, brochures, digital annual and Environment Social, & Governance (ESG) reports etc.
- Manages the editorial calendar and creates timely and relevant content to ensure continuous and optimized presence on digital platforms, including social media and our corporate website.
- Communicates our business in a matter that reflects and reinforces our key brand attributes.
- Sets meaningful targets aligned with channel and internal benchmarks in support of organizational and departmental objectives.
Responsibility Area #2 – Communications Channel Management
- Manages all external communications channels using each channel’s content management system to publish content and report on performance.
- Leads efforts to grow online communities, capture and engage audiences, coordinate campaigns, and target online outreach programs to key stakeholders.
- Identifies emerging issues on digital channels, provides guidance and executes all required escalation and response efforts.
- Researches and stays current on all platform changes in functionality and best practices and evolves digital strategy and execution accordingly.
- Recommends future digital platforms, as the landscape evolves, as part of the digital communications roadmap in support of organizational objectives.
Responsibility Area #3 – Digital Measurement & Monitoring
- Collects, analyzes, and interprets qualitative and quantitative data and information on each channel to develop a thorough understanding of stakeholder motivations, preferences and opinions to improve usability.
- Translates complex data into concise and contextualized conclusions and reports and effectively communicates metrics and progress to key internal stakeholders.
- Captures online feedback and passes it to internal teams for consideration in future content creation and messaging.
- Tracks and listens to stakeholders, proactively monitoring for issues and opportunities, and coordinating with company Subject Matter Experts and executives on appropriate responses.
- Identifies and monitors effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of digital channels and social media programs.
- Tracks the company’s digital footprint across relevant sites and platforms (e.g., Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Website, e-newsletter, etc.).
Responsibility Area #4 – Project Management
- Develops and executes comprehensive strategic communications plans.
- Measures effectiveness of projects or campaigns through effective use of data, analytics and customer feedback mechanisms.
- Conducts project team debrief/post-mortems and shared learnings on priority campaigns and initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- 5 - 10 years of experience in communications, public relations, managing social media channels and overseeing digital communities.
- A post-secondary diploma or degree in communications, public relations, marketing or a related field (experience and equivalencies may be considered).
- Expertise in all facets of communications including:
- developing comprehensive communications strategies in support of business objectives
- well-developed project management skills while working under tight deadlines and managing multiple customer demands and priorities
- consulting and liaising with various internal and external stakeholders
- writing and storytelling skills (written and verbal)
- high attention to detail
- Expertise in digital and social media including:
- solid knowledge of the digital and social media landscape – trends, channel best practices, evolving functionality, risks and opportunities, and digital application to achieve business objectives
- effective development of digital strategy to drive audience engagement
- ability to develop digital communications in alignment with brand standards using a variety of formats (video, infographics, podcasts, blogs) suitable for each digital channel
- analytics and delivering effective reporting to inform digital strategy
- website design, information architecture and website optimization
- knowledge of current content management systems including: SharePoint and Craft
- knowledge of emerging social media trends and toolsets
- experience working with digital vendors
- Skilled in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, and knowledge or experience with video editing is an asset.
- Ability to effectively interact with multiple internal and external stakeholders in a timely manner and within a short timeframe.
- The ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and independently in a diverse business environment.
- A strong customer-service focus, with a proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships at all levels of an organization.
- Knowledge of the energy sector would be an asset.
We thank you for your interest in ARC Resources Ltd. however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications are being accepted until June 21, 2021