Location: Corporate Office Calgary, Alberta, CA
Date Posted: Sep 13, 2018
Profession: Environment, Health & Safety
Experience Level(s): Not specified
Job Type(s): Not specified
Education Level(s): Not specified
Job ID: job-866
At ARC, our strong track record of success has been built on our core belief that outstanding people, combined with a great corporate culture creates a winning environment. We are currently seeking a Regulatory Technician, who will be responsible for providing technical assistance to the entire Operations team. This is a full-time, permanent position, and is based in Calgary.
The key responsibilities of this position are to:
- Ensure regulatory reporting and submissions are accurate, timely and will pass government or internal audit
- Submission of Well License, Pipeline & Facility Applications
- Online data submissions to AER / OGC – Drilling, Completions, Suspensions & Abandonments
- FIS, Notice of Operations, Well Testing, Water Source Data, Directional Surveys, Change of Well Status, Packer Isolation Test, Incident (SCVF/Casing Failure), Inactive Well (Suspensions & Inspections), Environmental & Emissions Reporting
- Use of information systems:
- AER (DDS / One Stop / Petrinex)
- BC OGC (AMS / eSubmission / Kermit)
- Wellview: Ensure the integrity of data entered is maintained and available for submission to regulators
- Proficiency in AccuMap or Abadata
- Knowledge of Directive 13, 56 & 59 will be considered an asset
- Assist in preparation of Alberta and BC audit responses
- Project work and support as requested by Operations team
The ideal candidate will have 10 to 12 years of Petroleum Industry experience, particularly in Operations. A Petroleum Engineering Technology certificate would be a great asset. Excellent communication skills are a must. The successful candidate will be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and required databases. We welcome applicants who are personable, energetic and enthusiastic multi-taskers, who are comfortable in a fast paced role and able to work effectively in a team orientated work setting.
Applications are being accepted until October 13, 2018.