Purchasing Analyst (Contract)
Location Name: Corporate Office Calgary, Alberta, CA
Date Posted: Feb 08, 2019
Experience Level(s): Not Specified
Job Type(s): Contract
Education Level(s): Not Specified
Job ID: job-883
At ARC, our strong track record of success has been built on our core belief that outstanding people, combined with a great corporate culture creates a winning environment.
We are currently seeking a Purchasing Analyst to work in our Operations Planning team. As a key member of the team, the successful candidate will be responsible for the analysis of purchasing initiatives for ARC’s capital activity, while seeking opportunities for operational efficiencies and cost savings. The successful candidate will collaborate with ARC’s various teams to develop and execute on appropriate procurement plans and vendor management. A strong understanding of the technical aspect of our operations is required.
- Compile spend analysis to identify opportunities and areas of focus.
- Support Operations teams by evaluating market trends on commodities/services/equipment and develop reporting.
- Provide support in negotiating supplier/service agreements and contract management.
- Seek and identify opportunities for shared services and materials between disciplines.
- Complete vendor analysis on safety, quality and pricing in collaboration with other disciplines.
- Conduct look backs on materials to date to evaluate cost and performance of our vendors.
- Evaluate and recommend opportunities for new vendors.
- Identify opportunities for quick pay discounts and monitor effectiveness.
- Develop and implement a process for quick invoice verification vs pricing agreements.
- Track and manage inventory to ensure operational efficiencies and cost management.
- Work collaboratively and maintain excellent communication between all groups to ensure consistency and accuracy and effective knowledge sharing.
- The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of experience in the field of purchasing/procurement in upstream Western Canadian oil and gas industry.
- Additional requirements:
- Strong technical and operational experience and familiarity with Completions, Drilling, Pipelines, Facilities.
- An Engineering or Technologist degree is an asset.
- Exceptional organizational, analytical and project management skills.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent business acumen and knowledge of economic drivers.
- A collaborative working style and the ability to build relationships.
- Proven ability in multi-tasking, prioritization and time management.
Applications are being accepted until March 10, 2019.Apply Now