Plant Operator - Dawson
Location Name: Northeast British Columbia, British Columbia, CA
Date Posted: Jan 10, 2019
Profession: Field Services
Experience Level(s): Not Specified
Job Type(s): Permanent, Full Time
Education Level(s): Not Specified
Job ID: job-878
At ARC, our strong track record of success has been built on our core belief that outstanding people, combined with a great corporate culture, create a winning environment.
Our Field Operations team is currently seeking candidates for the position of Plant Operator in our Dawson area.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operations of the facilities in the area.
- Champion ARC’s culture of safety by abiding by ARC’s safety standards, reporting hazards and effectively communicating with team members.
- Ensure plant production and reliability by effectively troubleshooting and performing maintenance on equipment as needed.
- Monitor and evaluate process conditions to achieve optimum throughput.
- Assist in plant commissioning and turnaround planning as required.
- Complete production reports accurately and on time.
- Collaborate with team members to optimize production and minimize downtime.
- Perform minor maintenance and plant housekeeping as required.
- Be available and ready to respond to on-call operational duties as need.
Our ideal candidate is a motivated and enthusiastic team player with a strong work ethic. Strong mechanical aptitude, computer literacy and exceptional organization skills are key attributes. In addition, the candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Must have successfully completed a 4th Class Power Engineering Certificate program.
- 3rd Class Power Engineering Certificate considered an asset.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of operating experience is preferred.
- Experience with sour gas facilities and gas refrigeration systems is considered an asset.
- Experience working in a gas plant is also considered an asset.
- Must be available to work a 12-hour shift and a night shift periodically.
- Must currently reside in or be willing to relocate to the Dawson Creek area.
This role is considered safety sensitive and the finalist candidate will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
We thank you for your interest in ARC Resources Ltd. however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications are being accepted until February 9, 2019.Apply Now