Plant Operator - Ante Creek
ARC has had an exciting growth story driven by the invaluable contributions of our people, principled business strategy and high-performance culture. Today, we are one of Canada’s largest energy companies with industry-leading environmental, social and governance (ESG) performance and tremendous opportunity on the horizon.
We are proud to play an important role in the development of Canada’s energy resources and recognize that this must be done responsibly. Through innovation, teamwork and a commitment to operational excellence, our people drive our company’s success. From the office to the field, our team of talented professionals work hard each day to safely execute our business and create positive and lasting impacts for our stakeholders.
At ARC, our strong track record of success has been built on our core belief that outstanding people, combined with a great corporate culture creates a winning environment. Our Field Operations team is currently seeking a candidate for the position of Field Operator in the Ante Creek Area. The wells and facilities are located near Valleyview, approximately 80km south west of the town of Valleyview. The Ante Creek facilities consist of a new 30mmcf gas plant, a10mmcf/d sweet gas processing and refrigeration plant, two oil batteries, two water flood injection facilities and the associated gathering system, pumping/flowing oil and gas wells, as well as a Butane blending facility. The successful candidate must currently reside in or be willing to relocate to the Valleyview area.
As a member of the Ante Creek Area operations team, the successful candidate will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of wells and facilities in the area. Directly related experience is considered an asset and preference will be given to candidates with experience in the operation of sweet gas facilities including gas refrigeration systems and oil and gas production wells. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic team player with a strong work ethic. Attention to detail, computer literacy and strong organizational skills are also key attributes.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operations of the facilities in the area.
- Champion ARC’s culture of safety by abiding by ARC’s safety standards, reporting hazards and effectively communicating with team members.
- Ensure plant production and reliability by effectively troubleshooting and performing maintenance on equipment as needed.
- Monitor and evaluate process conditions to achieve optimum throughput.
- Assist in plant commissioning and turnaround planning as required.
- Complete production reports accurately and on time.
- Collaborate with team members to optimize production and minimize downtime.
- Perform minor maintenance and plant housekeeping as required.
- Be available and ready to respond to on-call operational duties as need.
Our ideal candidate is a motivated and enthusiastic team player with a strong work ethic. Strong mechanical aptitude, computer literacy and exceptional organization skills are key attributes. In addition, the candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Must have successfully completed a minimum of 4th Class Power Engineering Certificate program.
- A minimum of 10 years of operating experience is preferred.
- Experience with sour gas facilities and gas refrigeration systems is considered an asset.
- Experience working in a gas plant is also considered an asset.
- Must be available to work a 12 hour shift and a night shift periodically.
- Must currently reside in or be willing to relocate to the Valleyview area.
As this role is considered safety sensitive, the finalist candidate will be required to successfully complete drug and alcohol testing.
Posting Close: January 20, 2022Apply Now