Information Technology Summer Student
Location: Corporate Office Calgary, Alberta, CA
Date Posted: Sep 11, 2018
Posting Deadline: Oct 31, 2018
Profession: Information Technology
Experience Level(s): Student
Job Type(s): Full Time, New Graduate/Campus Recruitment
Education Level(s): University - Bachelors
Job ID: job-865
ARC Resources Ltd. is currently seeking an Information Technology Summer Student, who will be responsible for providing incident resolution to all employees. The work term will commence in May 2019 and last for a four month period.
This position will offer the successful candidate broad exposure to all disciplines within the Information Technology functions at ARC Resources. The primary responsibility of this position is desktop and application support, however the successful candidate will have opportunities to be involved in projects and be mentored by senior level staff. As this role is not solely a typical desktop and application support function, the diverse experience received will help provide direction to the successful candidate’s future career path.
At ARC, the work atmosphere is an open, fast-paced, team environment where the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work independently, but also as part of a close-knit group. The role involves working alongside team members with extensive and diverse experience within the Information Technology field
- Provide timely response and resolution to service desk inquiries that may originate from service requests, incidents, voicemail and in person requests.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve issues ranging from desktop hardware to desktop applications by leveraging available resources (knowledge base, team members, etc.)
- Log all service requests, incidents and accompanying detail in service management software (ServiceNow)
- Ensure problem resolution and knowledge base documentation is maintained.
- Perform desktop operating system deployments using Microsoft SCCM 2016
- Potential for travel to field locations.
- The position is ideally suited for a 3rd or 4th year student currently enrolled an Information Technology related Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Experience supporting Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Office 365 Application Suite, Citrix, and Apple iPhone and iOS
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting oil and gas industry applications including, but not limited to, IHS AccuMap, CGI PVR, Qbyte FM, Qbyte Metrix, CS Explorer, AFE Navigator, Wellview, and GeoScout.
- Ability and desire to work in a fast paced, team orientated environment.
- Ability and desire to multi-task and context switch to meet rapidly changing demands.
- The ability to follow defined process and procedures.
- Strong communication, organization, customer service and problem solving skills.
- Experience with Service-Now
- Experience with mobile devices, such as iPads, and iPhones
- Experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM 2016) for desktop operating system deployments
- Experience with Microsoft APP-V application sequencing
- Experience with Microsoft Sharepoint Online
- Experience with networking concepts and technologies, including wireless
- Experience with Cisco VOIP phones
- Experience with network printing
Applications are being accepted until October 31, 2018.Apply Now