Information Systems (IS) Summer Student
Location Name: Corporate Office Calgary, Alberta, CA
Date Posted: Sep 10, 2019
Profession: Information Technology
Experience Level(s): Student
Job Type(s): Full Time, Work Practicum/Student
Education Level(s): University - Bachelors
Job ID: job-910
At ARC, we are in the business of producing some of the world’s most sustainable and ethical oil and gas resources.
People join ARC to be part of something truly unique: a Canadian owned and operated energy company with a reputation for doing what is right. Since our inception more than twenty years ago, we have been leaders in responsible development. At ARC, we create value for our shareholders while fostering a culture where respect for the individual is paramount and action and passion are rewarded. By employing top talent and relentlessly striving for excellence, we have earned our place as a leading Canadian energy company.
We all need energy, and the sustainable resources we supply will play a critical role in both decreasing global emissions and improving standards of living worldwide. Join ARC for the chance to meaningfully contribute to the future of energy.
ARC Resources Ltd. is currently seeking a IS Summer Student who will be responsible for supporting and maintaining the development of applications at ARC Resources. The work term will commence in May 2020 and last for a 4 (four) month period. The position will be based in Calgary.
This position will offer the successful candidate broad exposure to all disciplines within the Information Systems functions at ARC Resources. The primary responsibility of this position is to learn, maintain and investigate the systems behind ARC’s software development process and prepare them to be used with Azure Cloud services. These systems include applications related to Revision Control, Continuous Testing and Deployment, Web Sites, Databases and API layers. As well, the candidate will be mentored by senior level staff.
At ARC, the work atmosphere is an open, fast-paced, team environment where the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work independently, but also as part of a close-knit group. The role involves working alongside team members with extensive and diverse experience within the Information Technology field.
- Provide first tier support and bug fixes for existing applications
- Become an expert in the automation of the software development process
- Become an expert in Azure Cloud Services
- Work as a supporting member of a five person team to develop high quality software
- Eagerness to learn and improve upon all aspects of software development
- The position is ideally suited for 3rd or 4th year students currently enrolled in a computer science related Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiastic self-starter with a proven ability to work within a collaborative and Agile team environment
- Knowledge of design patterns and their implementations
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Version Control
Nice to Have:
- Unit Testing (nUnit, MSpec or others)
- Build and deployment scripting experience (PSake/NAnt/Grunt/Gulp)
- Continuous Integration Servers (TeamCity/Jenkins/etc)
- ASP.Net MVC
- ORM experience (NHibernate)
We thank you for your interest in ARC Resources Ltd. however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications are being accepted until October 11, 2019.Apply Now