Information Management/Corporate Library Student
Location Name: Corporate Office Calgary, Alberta, CA
Date Posted: Sep 10, 2019
Profession: Records Management
Experience Level(s): Student
Job Type(s): Full Time, Work Practicum/Student
Education Level(s): University - Bachelors
Job ID: job-908
At ARC, we are in the business of producing some of the world’s most sustainable and ethical oil and gas resources.
People join ARC to be part of something truly unique; a Canadian owned and operated energy company with a reputation for doing what is right. Since our inception more than twenty years ago, we have been leaders in responsible development. At ARC, we create value for our shareholders while fostering a culture where respect for the individual is paramount and action and passion is rewarded. By employing top talent and relentlessly striving for excellence, we have earned our place as a leading Canadian energy company.
We all need energy, and the sustainable resources we supply will play a critical role in both decreasing global emissions and improving standards of living worldwide. Join ARC for the chance to meaningfully contribute to the future of energy.
We are currently seeking an energetic, motivated and self-starting Information Management Summer Student to assist with the day to day operations of our department as well as the expansion and re-branding of our corporate library services. You will gain practical experience in the routine operations of information management in a corporate setting and have the opportunity to make meaningful contributions to the revamp and relaunch of our in-house corporate library. This is a full time contract position from May 1 to Aug 31st, 2020 reporting to the Supervisor, Records & Information Management.
As an ideal candidate, you are a student enrolled in a Master of Information Studies or Library and Information Technology program with a specialization in Records and Information Management or a related field. You are at ease with technology and the Microsoft Office Suite and have experience working as part of a collaborative and multi-functional team. We’re looking for someone with strong people and technology skills, as this position is equal parts administrative, business facing, analytical and technical.
The Information Management Summer Student’s primary responsibility will be to aid in the execution of the team’s daily operations and will include a major project involving the development and launch of a new Corporate Library within our SharePoint environment.
Projected Daily Operations responsibilities will include:
- Classification and storage of corporate information, both physical and electronic.
- Fulfillment of client reference queries.
- Preparation and scanning of physical records to electronic, including quality assurance.
- Assisting with our annual physical records disposition in our offsite records facility (warehouse), including lifting boxes and manual work.
- Auditing of documents using established records management procedures to ensure compliance.
- Projected Corporate Library Revamp responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to the design and creation of the Corporate Library site.
- Cataloguing of Corporate Library materials.
- Participating in client interviews and needs assessments to help enhance user experience.
- Researching and assessing potential electronic resources (journals, e-book services) to be incorporated into the library site.
- Auxiliary responsibilities include:
- Utilizing software such as Microsoft Outlook, SharePoint, Word, with expert level knowledge of Excel.
- Helping manage relationships with business clients, champion RIM’s vision and strategy.
- Providing recommendations on process improvements and efficiencies as they relate to information management.
- Student must be currently enrolled in one of the following post-secondary University or College programs with the intention of returning to school in September 2020:
- Master of Library Science (MLIS), Master of Archival Science (MAS), Master of Information Management (MIM), Master of Information (MI)
- Library and Information Technology Diploma (LIT) with a concentration on archives or records management
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills as well as effective verbal and written communication skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong and productive relationships within cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to research, analyze, think critically and synthesize information to enhance user experience.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Office, Outlook and preferably SharePoint.
- Ability to self-motivate, establish priorities, and effectively handle multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to lift 30 – 35lb boxes, climb stairs.
Applications are being accepted until October 11, 2019.Apply Now