Health & Safety Advisor - 12 Month Contract
Location Name: Corporate Office Calgary, Alberta, CA
Date Posted: Jul 24, 2020
Profession: Environment, Health & Safety
Experience Level(s): Not Specified
Job Type(s): Contract
Education Level(s): Not Specified
Job ID: job-939
At ARC, we are in the business of producing some of the world’s most sustainable and ethical oil and gas resources.
People join ARC to be part of something truly unique: a Canadian owned and operated energy company with a reputation for doing what is right. Since our inception more than twenty years ago, we have been leaders in responsible development. At ARC, we create value for our shareholders while fostering a culture where respect for the individual is paramount and action and passion are rewarded. By employing top talent and relentlessly striving for excellence, we have earned our place as a leading Canadian energy company.
We all need energy, and the sustainable resources we supply will play a critical role in both decreasing global emissions and improving standards of living worldwide. Join ARC for the chance to meaningfully contribute to the future of energy.
We are currently seeking a Health & Safety Advisor who will directly support our Capital Projects Teams. The successful candidate will champion and promote health and safety as a part of this team. The ideal candidate will be a strong team player with a background in the Health and Safety discipline, and experience in the planning, execution and reviewing of capital projects in the Oil and Gas Industry.
This role will be based at ARC’s Calgary Office, with approximately 50% field travel dependent on Capital Project demands.
- Primarily support Capital Projects activities in alignment with the ARC Integrated Management System (AIMS).
- Assist in the development of project execution plans.
- Develop Capital Projects specific health and safety processes and procedures, in collaboration with Capital Projects Teams and the ARC Health and Safety Team.
- Monitor health and safety performance, conduct internal audits and verify compliance to AIMS, identify opportunities for improvement and work proactively with the team to continuously improve.
- Participate in interviews as required.
- Manage and facilitate contractor health and safety audits, including pre-contract review of contractor’s Health and Safety Management Systems.
- Review and recommend new processes and programs to compliment ARC’s existing Integrated Management System.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement in conjunction with corporate health and safety initiatives.
- Participate in pre-job risk assessments, concurrent operations planning, and CWOPS and DWOPS.
- Assist with and participate in quarterly contractor reviews with key ARC vendors.
- Identify, evaluate and communicate incident trends within Capital Projects.
- Aid with consultant competency assessments.
- Mentor and train ARC Engineers on ARC’s Integrated Management System.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with team members, business leaders and contractors.
- Assist with and participate in emergency response planning and subsequent exercises as applicable.
- A minimum of 10 years Health and Safety experience with 5+ years supporting Capital Projects in the oil and gas and/or high-hazard industries.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Sciences, Engineering or related fields.
- Professional certification required (e.g. CRSP). In-progress applicants will be considered if they meet all other criteria.
- Extensive experience with incident management including root cause analysis (i.e. TapRooT / SCAT).
- Extensive experience with internal auditing systems.
- Knowledge of industry trends, performance and standard health and safety metrics.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Highly proficient verbal and written communication skill set.
- Excellent knowledge base of various provincial OH&S legislation and regulations (Alberta and British Columbia) and industry best practices.
We thank you for your interest in ARC Resources Ltd. however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications are being accepted until August 14, 2020.Apply Now