Geology Summer Student
Location: Corporate Office Calgary, Alberta, CA
Date Posted: Sep 13, 2018
Experience Level(s): Student
Job Type(s): New Graduate/Campus Recruitment
Education Level(s): University - Bachelors
Job ID: job-867
At ARC, our strong track record of success has been built on our core belief that outstanding people, combined with a great corporate culture creates a winning environment.
We are currently seeking a Geology Summer Student to work with our Geosciences team. This position reports to a Senior Geologist and requires an organized and motivated individual who is ready to work in a fast-paced environment and take on new challenges. This 4-month work term will commence in May 2019. This dynamic position will provide the successful candidate with an excellent opportunity to learn about the Oil & Gas industry in Western Canada as well as develop their geology skills. This position will be based in Calgary.
Previous summer student responsibilities and accomplishments include the following:
- Evaluating oil and gas potential in a designated area.
- Analyzing and integrating wireline logs, drill cuttings, production and engineering data.
- Identifying type logs, picking tops, and mapping stratigraphic units.
- Compiling and mapping available area well data to provide structural, isopach and pay map interpretations.
- Identifying production profiles, drainage bubbles, and defining gas/oil and oil/water contacts.
- Working on base mapping for potential horizontal gas well targets.
- Assisting in land sale parcel evaluations.
- Analyzing available core samples.
The position is ideally suited for a 3rd or 4th year student currently enrolled in a Bachelor of Science (Geological) program. The ideal candidate is a motivated self-started with strong organizational and communication skills. Related experience, a strong desire to learn, along with superior computer skills are considered assets. The necessary software training will be provided. Although strong training and mentoring will be provided, the successful candidate must be able to work independently within a team environment.
Applications are being accepted until October 31, 2018Apply Now