Financial Reporting Accountant - 12 Month Contract
Location Name: Corporate Office Calgary, Alberta, CA
Date Posted: Feb 13, 2020
Profession: Accounting & Finance
Experience Level(s): Not Specified
Job Type(s): Full Time, Contract
Education Level(s): Not Specified
Job ID: job-934
At ARC, we are in the business of producing some of the world’s most sustainable and ethical oil and gas resources.
People join ARC to be part of something truly unique: a Canadian owned and operated energy company with a reputation for doing what is right. Since our inception more than twenty years ago, we have been leaders in responsible development. At ARC, we create value for our shareholders while fostering a culture where respect for the individual is paramount and action and passion are rewarded. By employing top talent and relentlessly striving for excellence, we have earned our place as a leading Canadian energy company.
We all need energy, and the sustainable resources we supply will play a critical role in both decreasing global emissions and improving standards of living worldwide. Join ARC for the chance to meaningfully contribute to the future of energy.
As a critical member of the External Financial Reporting team, the successful candidate will assist with the monthly, quarterly and annual Financial Reporting process, participate in managing the preparation of annual filings such as ESTMA, review complex accounting issues, research peer disclosures, and other projects as required. This role provides an individual with an opportunity to combine their knowledge of accounting with a keen business sense to provide relevant, accurate information to internal and external users to support value-added decision making throughout the organization.
The Financial Reporting Accountant will work directly with others in the Accounting department as well as across the organization. It is critical that the successful candidate be flexible and willing to complete both monthly and quarterly tasks as well as special projects with a high level of diligence, commitment and efficiency. The successful candidate will possess strong attention to detail, superior communication skills, an ability to handle multiple priorities, and take pride in delivering high quality results.
- Assist with the monthly, quarterly and annual Financial Reporting process. This could include but is not limited to:
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly financial accounting journal entries;
- Monthly account balance reconciliations;
- Preparation of quarterly and annual external financial statements and related disclosures;
- Preparation of quarterly MD&A and related support;
- Liaising with ARC’s external auditors.
- Participate in the preparation of ARC’s annual ESTMA filing;
- Other projects as required such as:
- Peer benchmarking of external reporting-related disclosure;
- User acceptance testing of Financial Reporting systems changes; and
- Research of new accounting standards and/or regulatory legislation
Skills, Training and Experience Required:
- Completion of a professional accounting designation (CPA, CA) with three to five years’ related work experience. Oil and gas industry experience an asset.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an ability to work well both independently and with individuals in all departments of the organization.
- Excellent analytical skills, problem solving and decision-making capability.
- Detail-oriented individual with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment.
- Experience with International Financial Reporting Standards and public company financial reporting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and experience with Qbyte would be considered an asset.
Applications are being accepted until February 24, 2020.