Field Support Analyst - Dawson Creek
Location Name: British Columbia
Date Posted: Mar 12, 2019
Profession: Information Technology
Job ID: job-891
ARC Resources Ltd. is currently seeking a Field Support Analyst, based in ARC’s growing Dawson Creek office, who will be responsible for providing incident resolution in ARC’s field locations. This is an initial 4-6 month contract with the potential for extension.
This position will offer the successful candidate broad exposure to all disciplines within the Information Technology functions at ARC. The primary responsibility of this position is desktop and application support, but will also offer a wide variety of opportunities for learning. As this role is not solely a typical desktop and application support function, the diverse experience received will help provide direction to the successful candidate’s future career path.
- Provide timely response and resolution to service desk inquiries that may originate from service requests, incidents, voicemail and in person requests
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve issues ranging from desktop hardware to desktop applications by leveraging available resources (knowledge base, team members, etc.)
- Act as the primary point of contact for field related incidents
- Travel to Calgary and other field locations in Alberta and British Columbia as required for training, support or project implementations
- Provide remote assistance to the other members of the Calgary based IT team
- Create and maintain support documentation
- Build and maintain solid relationships with field staff
- Assist with any projects and support relating to facility industrial control systems and communications at field sites
- Information Technology related Degree or Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution or the equivalent of relevant Information Technology experience (0-5 years).
- Experience supporting Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Office 365 Application Suite, Microsoft Power BI, Citrix, and Apple iPhone and iOS
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting oil and gas industry applications including, but not limited to, CGI PVR, Qbyte FM, Qbyte Metrix, CS Explorer, AFE Navigator, Wellview, and GeoScout.
- Ability and desire to work independently with minimal guidance.
- Ability and desire to multi-task and context switch to meet rapidly changing demands.
- The ability to follow defined processes and procedures.
- Strong communication, organization, customer service and problem solving skills.
- Class 5 Drivers license and willingness to travel to field locations including oil and gas processing plants as well as the Calgary corporate office.
- Willingness to obtain the necessary safety tickets to perform field work safely.
- Experience with ServiceNow
- Experience with mobile devices such as iPads and iPhones
- Experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM 2016) for desktop operating system deployments
- Experience with Microsoft APP-V application sequencing
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint Online
- Experience with networking concepts and technologies, including wireless
- Experience with Cisco VOIP phones
- Experience with network printing
Applications are being accepted until April 11, 2019.