Executive Assistant, Human Resources
Location Name: Corporate Office Calgary, Alberta, CA
Date Posted: Jan 07, 2020
Profession: Human Resources
Experience Level(s): Not Specified
Job Type(s): Permanent, Full Time
Education Level(s): Not Specified
Job ID: job-929
At ARC, we are in the business of producing some of the world’s most sustainable and ethical oil and gas resources.
People join ARC to be part of something truly unique: a Canadian owned and operated energy company with a reputation for doing what is right. Since our inception more than twenty years ago, we have been leaders in responsible development. At ARC, we create value for our shareholders while fostering a culture where respect for the individual is paramount and action and passion are rewarded. By employing top talent and relentlessly striving for excellence, we have earned our place as a leading Canadian energy company.
We all need energy, and the sustainable resources we supply will play a critical role in both decreasing global emissions and improving standards of living worldwide. Join ARC for the chance to meaningfully contribute to the future of energy.
We are currently seeking an Executive Assistant who will provide critical executive and administrate support to our Vice President, Human Resources. The Vice President, Human Resources oversees the human resources, office services, records information management and internal communications departments. The executive assistant role is a full-time permanent position that is based in our Calgary office.
- Provide direct executive support for the Vice President, Human Resources which includes administrative support, managing calendars, external meetings and events, various corporate activities and events, coordinating travel, and liaising with other departments.
- Help compile and disseminate Board and Committee materials, which includes materials for our Human Resources and Compensation Committee, Governance Committee and the quarterly Board meetings.
- Coordinate and provide support for various corporate processes which include code of conduct sign-off, maintaining the corporate performance scorecard quarterly update, Strength of the Workplace engagement survey, and key executive and board processes.
- Coordinate and organize various corporate and team events, which includes our annual executive and leadership retreats, monthly staff mix and mingles, annual United Way Campaign, and team building events.
- Support our Internal Communications by helping coordinate our quarterly staff presentations, bi-annual town halls, intranet posts, charitable donations and other special events.
- Provide administrative support when needed to the Human Resources, Office Services, Records Management, and Internal Communication teams, which includes providing coverage for our front Reception when required. Back-up support to the executive assistant to the CEO when required.
- Be a strong champion and ambassador of ARC’s culture and develop strong relationships throughout the organization.
The individual we seek will have 5+ years of oil and gas industry and administrative experience, preferable with senior level or Board experience. Candidates with strong computer skills, human resources and/or business experience will also be considered. The candidate we seek is a proactive self-starter who has exceptional organizational skills and the ability to work independently. The successful candidate will possess the following key attributes:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the proven ability to build strong relationships throughout the organization.
- Sound judgment and strong problem-solving skills – proven ability to navigate complex situations in an effective way.
- Superior attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Superior time management skills and the proven ability to handle multiple priorities with minimal supervision.
- Strong customer service orientation and a positive work attitude.
- Ability to handle confidential information in an ethical manner.
- Post secondary education or technical diploma considered an asset.
- Excellent computer skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products. Previous experience with Adobe Acrobat, Diligent, Piktochart considered an asset.
We thank you for your interest in ARC Resources Ltd. however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications are being accepted until February 15, 2020.Apply Now