Location Name: Corporate Office Calgary, Alberta, CA
Date Posted: Jul 29, 2020
Profession: Accounting & Finance
Experience Level(s): Not Specified
Job Type(s): Full Time
Education Level(s): Not Specified
Job ID: job-940
At ARC, we are in the business of producing some of the world’s most sustainable and ethical oil and natural gas resources.
People join ARC to be part of something truly unique: a Canadian-owned and operated energy company with a reputation for doing what is right. Since our inception more than 20 years ago, we have been leaders in responsible development. At ARC, we create value for our shareholders while fostering a culture where respect for the individual is paramount, and action and passion are rewarded. By employing top talent and relentlessly striving for excellence, we have earned our place as a leading Canadian energy company.
We all need energy, and the sustainable resources that we supply will play a critical role in both decreasing global emissions and improving standards of living worldwide. Join ARC for the chance to meaningfully contribute to the future of energy!
We are currently seeking an Executive Assistant for the Controller. This full-time, permanent position will primarily support the Controller as well as the Finance and Accounting departments. The candidate must be highly organized, self-driven, detail oriented and possess both excellent computer skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Provide direct administrative support, including scheduling, coordinating meetings and special events, and liaising with other departments;
- Maintain schedules and calendars, including the coordination of scheduling for the Controller and Finance Managers, as required;
- Coordinate and compile Board of Directors materials, including quarterly audit committee and risk committee materials;
- Assist with corporate internal controls compliance program – maintain documentation, administer sign-off processes, liaise with external auditors and internal controls advisors to arrange multiple meetings across various internal and external parties;
- Manage coordination of department events, training programs and large internal meetings;
- Develop relationships with Leadership Team, other departments, and external service providers;
- Review documents, reports, and correspondence prepared for signature for format, content, and grammar, and make edits as necessary;
- Prepare draft reports, background documentation and research in a confidential manner;
- Present a positive and professional image both internally and with external contacts, and;
- Act as a role model and champion of ARC’s unique culture.
The individual we seek will have a minimum of 5 years of administrative experience supporting a senior leader or a professional group/team. The successful candidate will possess the following key attributes:
- Post-secondary education or technical diploma.
- Understanding of oil and gas industry would be beneficial. Some basic accounting knowledge is required.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills. Ability to build strong relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Professional, responsive, and positive work attitude is essential.
- Demonstrated passion and high levels of energy to deliver results.
- Highly organized, resourceful and a self-starter. Ability to apply creativity in problem solving.
- Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
- High level of sound and independent judgment, reasoning, and discretion.
- Previous experience in handling confidential or sensitive information.
- Able to maintain filing systems and basic databases - meticulous records maintenance skills.
- Strong computer skills including SharePoint, Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point; knowledge of systems such as Diligent Board, Certify, Workiva, Qbyte, Visio and Microsoft BI Cubes would be an asset.
- Must thrive in an honest, respectful, and open work culture. Commitment to teamwork is essential.
- A strong work ethic, a clear sense of achievement, and a desire to learn.
We thank you for your interest in ARC Resources Ltd. however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications are being accepted until August 20, 2020.Apply Now