Environmental Support Intern/New Grad
Location Name: Corporate Office Calgary, Alberta, CA
Date Posted: Oct 08, 2019
Profession: Environment, Health & Safety
Experience Level(s): New Graduate
Job Type(s): New Graduate/Campus Recruitment, Temporary/Fixed Term
Education Level(s): University - Bachelors
Job ID: job-919
At ARC, we are in the business of producing some of the world’s most sustainable and ethical oil and gas resources.
People join ARC to be part of something truly unique: a Canadian owned and operated energy company with a reputation for doing what is right. Since our inception more than twenty years ago, we have been leaders in responsible development. At ARC, we create value for our shareholders while fostering a culture where respect for the individual is paramount and action and passion are rewarded. By employing top talent and relentlessly striving for excellence, we have earned our place as a leading Canadian energy company.
We all need energy, and the sustainable resources we supply will play a critical role in both decreasing global emissions and improving standards of living worldwide. Join ARC for the chance to meaningfully contribute to the future of energy.
We are currently seeking an Environmental Support Intern/New Grad to work with our Air and Emissions Coordinator. This position requires an organized and motivated individual who is ready to work in a fast-paced environment and take on new challenges. This 8-month to 12-month contract will begin in January 2020 and will be based in Calgary.
This dynamic position will provide the successful candidate with an excellent opportunity to learn about the Oil & Gas industry in Western Canada as well as develop their environmental engineering skills.
- Collaborate with operations team regarding air compliance and data collection activities
- Provide technical oversight for monthly and annual air emissions regulatory reporting
- Review and support federal and provincial Methane reporting and compliance
- Review and support the Air Emissions and Monitoring Reports Supporting BC Green House Gas Reporting (BC sites Only)
- Support the National Pollutant Release Inventory
- Support the Benzene Emissions from Glycol Dehydrators (DEOS) program (both BC and AB assets) (if Glycol Dehydrators are on site)
- Assist operating assets with meeting testing and reporting requirements of the Multi-Sector Air Pollutant Regulation (MSAPR)
- Work with project teams to understand GHG impacts of proposed projects that affect GHG emissions
- Analyze and assess the impact of emerging air issues and risks. Develop mitigation strategies to assist business units in meeting compliance and environmental goals.
- Prepare forecasts of GHG costs as part of our annual budgeting cycle
- Research, evaluate and communicate potential clean technology projects.
- Enhance reporting efficiencies through process development
- Travel to work site locations as required
- Preference will be given to students or new graduates studying Environmental Sciences or Engineering
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Application (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment
- Effective communication skills (both written and oral)
- Previous oil and gas experience would be considered an asset
- Experience addressing air quality issues would be considered an asset
We thank you for your interest in ARC Resources Ltd. however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications are being accepted until November 01, 2019.Apply Now