Environmental Advisor - Climate
Location Name: Corporate Office Calgary, Alberta, CA
Date Posted: Dec 16, 2020
Profession: Environment, Health & Safety
Experience Level(s): Not Specified
Job Type(s): Not Specified
Education Level(s): Not Specified
Job ID: job-945
ARC is committed to carrying out our operations in a responsible manner, this includes minimizing emissions that pose potential climate risks while recognizing the importance of economic viability. We are a leader in creating low emission infrastructure and we continue to evaluate opportunities and implement viable alternatives to conventional practices, resulting in lower emission intensities in the best interest of our stakeholders, including landowners, the general public, government, employees and shareholders. We have set aggressive, yet achievable goals to further reduce our emissions and will continue to progress our leadership as a low carbon energy producer.
Our HSER team is looking for an experienced team member with a broad set of expertise ranging from emissions reporting, carbon offset markets, environmental regulations, and funding opportunities. The successful candidate will be a strategic and progressive thinker that thrives in a challenging and fast paced work environment.
- Oversee all air and GHG compliance reporting requirements for the organization
- Manage ARC’s current offset projects (oversee third party verification and serialization)
- Identify and market new offset opportunities for eligible projects
- Coordinate / support ESG reporting processes (internal / external)
- Oversee third party assurance activities
- Monitor environmental policies and regulations, ensure the organization remains informed and compliant
- Analyze and assess the impact of emerging environmental issues and risks and develop mitigation strategies to assist in meeting ARC’s ESG goals.
- Coordinate all government funding applications for emission reduction projects
- Engage in climate related industry associations and committees
- Develop environmental policies and standards
- Continually evolve and update ARC’s carbon and emissions management plan
- The individual we seek will have a minimum 10 years of directly related experience within the energy sector.
- Degree in environmental sciences or engineering is a requirement
- Direct experience in calculating and coordinating air and emissions reporting is necessary along with a strong understanding of carbon offset markets
- Preference will be given to candidates who also possess a strong foundational knowledge of ESG reporting frameworks and guidelines (i.e. GRI, SASB, TCFD recommendations)
- Proven track record of exceptional leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to execute
- Outstanding relationship building capability and a collaborative working style - strong team player with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong business acumen - ability to understand business strategies/issues and capture opportunities
- Strong organizational skills and project management capabilities
- High level of energy and ability to excel in a flexible, fast paced environment
- Strong work ethic and a high level of enthusiasm.
We thank you for your interest in ARC Resources Ltd. however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications are being accepted until February 28, 2021.Apply Now