Data Enablement Analyst
ARC has had an exciting growth story driven by the invaluable contributions of our people, principled business strategy and high-performance culture. Today, we are one of Canada’s largest energy companies with industry-leading environmental, social and governance (ESG) performance and tremendous opportunity on the horizon.
We are proud to play an important role in the development of Canada’s energy resources and recognize that this must be done responsibly. Through innovation, teamwork and a commitment to operational excellence, our people drive our company’s success. From the office to the field, our team of talented professionals work hard each day to safely execute our business and create positive and lasting impacts for our stakeholders.
Since our inception, we have created an environment that has become more than just a workplace. Our people care about one another, give back in the communities where we live and work, and deliver results. We take pride in what we do and are excited to find our next team member to join our winning team.
We are currently seeking a Data Enablement Analyst to join our team. This position will offer the successful candidate broad business exposure to all facets of the Oil & Gas business at a leading-edge company where technology is used to drive efficiency. The primary responsibility of this position is to be an effective interface between the Data Analytics department and the analysts and other data users throughout the business.
At ARC, the work atmosphere is an open, fast-paced, team environment where the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work independently but also as part of a close-knit group. We use agile methodologies to iterate quickly, fail fast, and end up with a successful product that meets the needs of the business users we are working with.
- Management and administration of enterprise data visualization platforms; currently Power BI and Spotfire
- Establish strong report deployment practices within our enterprise data visualization platforms
- Audit data assets for usage and performance tuning opportunities
- Build and manage a corporate data catalogue to help describe data lineage and custom transformations and calculations
- Advise internal customers on available data sets; appropriate uses, and best-fit recommendations
- Support ARC’s data community with query development and optimization
- Creation and management of data access layer views for analytical and visualization workloads
- Help improve data literacy at ARC through end-user education and training
- Interface with other groups within the Data Analytics department to mature and grow our data lakehouse
- Assist with requirements gathering for new analytic requests and enhancements
- Partner with other groups within the Data Analytics department to create awareness for emerging data assets within ARC’s data community
- Degree/Diploma in Information Technology, or any IT and/or Business-related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including ability to communicate complex technical descriptions in terms the business can understand
- Proficiency with SQL
- Experience administering enterprise solutions or applications with preferences towards Power BI and Spotfire
- Experience in developing dashboards and reports through tools like Spotfire and Power BI
- Experiencing managing project work using Agile practices
- Experience with version control systems (git) and Azure DevOps
- Experience with enterprise security models including Active Directory
- Experience with Oil & Gas and software used at ARC (QByte, Mosaic, WellView, CS Explorer, PVR/Prodview, Open Invoice, GeoScout)
CLOSING DATE: May 27, 2022
We thank you for your interest in ARC Resources Ltd. however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.Apply Now