Business System Analyst - One-Year Contract
Location Name: Corporate Office Calgary, Alberta, CA
Date Posted: Feb 06, 2020
Profession: Information Technology
Experience Level(s): Not Specified
Job Type(s): Full Time, Contract
Education Level(s): Not Specified
Job ID: job-933
At ARC, we are in the business of producing some of the world’s most sustainable and ethical oil and gas resources.
People join ARC to be part of something truly unique: a Canadian owned and operated energy company with a reputation for doing what is right. Since our inception more than twenty years ago, we have been leaders in responsible development. At ARC, we create value for our shareholders while fostering a culture where respect for the individual is paramount and action and passion are rewarded. By employing top talent and relentlessly striving for excellence, we have earned our place as a leading Canadian energy company.
We all need energy, and the sustainable resources we supply will play a critical role in both decreasing global emissions and improving standards of living worldwide. Join ARC for the chance to meaningfully contribute to the future of energy.
We are currently seeking a Business System Analyst for a one-year contract role, to work with the Engineering, Geoscience and Operation Departments. The successful candidate will have the ability to embrace new technologies, meet emerging market demands, respond effectively to changing conditions, apply continuous improvement techniques and create new business opportunities. This is a fulltime, contract position, reporting to the Supervisor, Business Systems Analysts in Information Technology.
- Business Systems Analyst supporting Core Applications for Engineering, Operations, Production and Geosciences
- Develop Power BI reports, dashboards and Power APP solutions for supported applications
- Work with application owners of Mosaic, PVR, WellView, Qbyte, AFE Navigator, ARKit and database group to manage upgrades, user acceptance testing and change management documentation
- Provide support and work closely with Business Analysts to ensure alignment in driving process improvement initiatives
- Identify opportunities within the Engineering, Operations and Geoscience applications for integration
- Identify reporting opportunities based on business requirements and share opportunities with the Business Intelligence initiative
- Facilitate training in Spotfire, Power BI reports, Microsoft SSAS Cubes reports
- Application licensing
- Implementation, upgrade and custom configuration of GeoSCOUT, Mosaic, OFM, IHS Harmony, Transform, PVR, Cenozon PIRM, Skystone Visions, Data Scavenger, Surfer, Trango applications
- A Computer Technology, Petroleum Technology, or a Business Degree and a minimum of 10 years of direct experience supporting the associated applications
- Proven experience with supporting Engineering and Geoscience Units/Processes
- Expertise with SQL query tools and reporting (Oracle, MS Sql, SSRS, Power BI, Spotfire)
- Strong understanding and experience with Microsoft SSAS Cubes
- Experience with Oil and Gas database applications, such as PVR, Mosaic, Wellview, Qbyte FM, Qbyte Metrix, Qbyte Land, AFE Navigator
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with diverse community (Fields Operations, Technical staff, Senior Management, external partners)
- Proven knowledge and working experience with high availability systems
- Strong communication, organizational, customer service and problem-solving skills
Applications are being accepted until February 28, 2020.