Business Analyst - 18 Month Contract
Location Name: Corporate Office Calgary, Alberta, CA
Date Posted: Jul 11, 2019
Profession: Accounting & Finance
Experience Level(s): Not Specified
Job Type(s): Contract
Education Level(s): Not Specified
Job ID: job-903
ARC’s vision is to be a leading energy producer, focused on delivery of results through its strategy of risk-managed value creation. ARC is committed to providing superior long-term financial returns for its shareholders; creating a culture where respect for the individual is paramount and action and passion is rewarded; and to running our business in a manner that protects the safety of employees, communities and the environment. At ARC, our strong track record of success has been built on our core belief that outstanding people, combined with a great corporate culture creates a winning environment.
We are currently seeking a Business Analyst to support Master Data in the Accounting Department. This is an 18 month contract position based in Calgary. The successful candidate must be able to work independently as well as within a team environment. The ability to identify, follow through and resolve issues with good communication skills and a strong attention to detail are of utmost importance.
- Review, export, and validate AFEs from AFENavigator into Qbyte FM as well as maintaining AFEs in Qbyte FM.
- Responsible for Gross month-end processes.
- Business Associate and banking information validations.
- Master Data inbox support which would include AFE and Qbyte FM support.
- Open invoice supplier on-ramping and enablement. Support implementations and upgrades of applications and processes.
- Open Invoice and Accounts Payable statistics reporting.
- Liaise with other departments (examples include Land, Production Accounting, Joint Venture Accounting, IT, Operations) to resolve issues as they relate to master data.
- The successful candidate will also possess the following key attributes:
- Five (5) years previous oil and gas experience.
- Experience with AFE Navigator, Qbyte FM, Optix, Open Invoice, CS Explorer would all be considered assets.
- Post-secondary education enrollment or completion; preference will be given to individuals who have completed or are purusing business degrees or accounting designations.
- Strong communication and organizational skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with all levels within the organization.
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks and effectively work through complex issues.
Applications are being accepted until July 31, 2019