Accounting Summer Student
Location Name: Corporate Office Calgary, Alberta, CA
Date Posted: Sep 10, 2019
Profession: Accounting & Finance
Experience Level(s): Student
Job Type(s): Full Time, Work Practicum/Student
Education Level(s): University - Bachelors
Job ID: job-911
At ARC, we are in the business of producing some of the world’s most sustainable and ethical oil and gas resources.
People join ARC to be part of something truly unique: a Canadian owned and operated energy company with a reputation for doing what is right. Since our inception more than twenty years ago, we have been leaders in responsible development. At ARC, we create value for our shareholders while fostering a culture where respect for the individual is paramount and action and passion are rewarded. By employing top talent and relentlessly striving for excellence, we have earned our place as a leading Canadian energy company.
We all need energy, and the sustainable resources we supply will play a critical role in both decreasing global emissions and improving standards of living worldwide. Join ARC for the chance to meaningfully contribute to the future of energy.
ARC Resources Ltd. is currently seeking a dynamic individual to work within our Corporate Accounting Department. The position reports to the Supervisor of Corporate Accounting and the work will touch many different areas within the Accounting discipline. The position requires an organized and motivated individual who is ready to work in a fast-paced environment and take on new challenges regularly. The work terms will commence in early May 2020 and last for approximately a 4-month period. The position will be based in Calgary.
The positions are ideally suited for students entering their 3rd or 4th year Bachelor of Commerce Program, with a preference for those specializing in Accounting. Prior experience is an asset but is not critical. Although training and mentoring will be provided, the successful candidates must be able to work independently within a team environment. The ability to identify, follow through and resolve issues with good communication skills and a strong attention to detail are of utmost importance.
The following responsibilities may apply to the roles:
- Daily Invoice processing including verification of correct coding and sufficient approvals
- Uploading invoice information for approvals and recording
- Processing of cheque requests and donation requests as well as managing cancelled and re-issued cheques
- Processing of regular monthly payments
- Assisting the AP Coordinator with AFE reclassification, statement of account review and suspense account reconciliation
- Managing and processing Property Tax payments
Joint Venture Accounting:
- Review and analyze incoming automated and manual Joint Interest Billings
- Verify working interest being billed
- Confirm Authorization for Expenditures are active and not overspent
- Confirm coding to cost centers and General Ledger accounts
- Confirm overhead and fee-based charges agree to contract terms
- Review operating costs for any exception items
- Manage billing disputes and respond in a timely fashion
- Review, process and respond to partner queries on Operated Joint Interest Billings utilizing joint interest billing application
- Prepare journal entries to reverse incorrectly booked costs to ARC’s working interest partners
- Ensure partners are paid promptly by monitoring Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable account
- Actively analyze and collect aged accounts receivable
- Maintain good working relationships both internally to ARC and externally with our partners
- Participate in special projects
- Review cheque run for assigned vendors
- Prepare cash receipt vouchers on a rotational basis
- Clear amounts booked to the miscellaneous receivable account from cash receipt vouchers
- Both written and oral communication skills will be applicable as the candidate will co-ordinate with many individuals within the department.
We thank you for your interest in ARC Resources Ltd. however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications are being accepted until October 11, 2019.Apply Now