A&D, Joint Venture Audit & Payout Analyst – One Year Contract
Location Name: Corporate Office Calgary, Alberta, CA
Date Posted: Jun 24, 2019
Profession: Accounting & Finance
Experience Level(s): Not Specified
Job Type(s): Not Specified
Education Level(s): Not Specified
Job ID: job-902
ARC’s vision is to be a leading energy producer, focused on delivery of results through its strategy of risk-managed value creation. ARC is committed to providing superior long-term financial returns for its shareholders; creating a culture where respect for the individual is paramount and action and passion is rewarded; and to running our business in a manner that protects the safety of employees, communities and the environment. At ARC, our strong track record of success has been built on our core belief that outstanding people, combined with a great corporate culture creates a winning environment.
We are currently seeking a Joint Venture Audit & Payout Analyst to work in our A&D, Equalizations & JV Audits team for a twelve-month contract term. As a key member of the team, the successful candidate will be responsible for the analysis of joint venture audits, internal reviews and payouts, while seeking opportunities for operational efficiencies and cost savings.
The successful candidate will collaborate with ARC’s various teams. It is critical that the successful candidate be flexible and willing to complete both monthly tasks as well as special projects as required with a high level of diligence, organization, commitment and efficiency. The successful candidate will possess superior communication skills, an ability to handle multiple priorities, strong attention to detail, and take pride in delivering high quality results.
- Assist with A&D research, transaction support and recording as required.
- Schedule and manage joint venture audits.
- Review joint venture audit reports and queries for operated and non-operated properties.
- Prepare the necessary accounting entries for audit queries and audit fees.
- Maintain the joint venture audit database.
- Review and address internal property and account issues.
- Maintain working documents of internal review findings.
- Prepare quarterly reports on joint venture audits as well as internal property and account reviews.
- Prepare payout statements on operated properties, with an emphasis on accurate analysis and calculations.
- Review and analysis of non-operated payout statements.
- Maintain the payout data base for operated properties.
- Prepare the necessary accounting entries once a well has reached pay out status.
- 5-8 years of work experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Completion of or enrollment in a professional accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA or CGA) would be preferred.
- Demonstrate experience with property analysis, joint venture & land agreements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and experience with Qbyte, Optix, CS Explorer, Geo-scout and AFE Navigator would be considered an asset.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with a keen eye to detail.
- High level of energy, enthusiasm and the willingness to learn
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Superior attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Exceptional communication skills, to deal effectively with internal and external business groups.
Applications are being accepted until July 05, 2019Apply Now