Requirement:College - Diploma
As a critical member of the External Financial Reporting team, the successful candidate will assist in the review of complex, non-routine accounting issues, the implementation of new accounting standards, assist with the monthly, quarterly and annual Financial Reporting process, participate in managing the preparation of the Annual Information Form and other projects as required. This role provides an individual with an opportunity to combine their knowledge of accounting with a keen business sense to provide relevant, accurate information to internal and external users to support value-added decision making throughout the organization.
The Financial Reporting Accountant will work directly with others in the Accounting department as well as across the organization. It is critical that the successful candidate be flexible and willing to complete both monthly and quarterly tasks as well as special projects with a high level of diligence, commitment and efficiency. The successful candidate will possess superior communication skills, an ability to handle multiple priorities, strong attention to detail, and take pride in delivering high quality results.
- Discussion and analysis of financial statement impacts of new or complex transactions in conjunction with the team’s Accounting Policy Research Analyst;
- Assist with the monthly, quarterly and annual Financial Reporting process. This includes but is not limited to:
- Preparation of financial accounting and treasury journal entries;
- Preparation of monthly internal financial statements;
- Monthly account balance reconciliations;
- Preparation of quarterly and annual external financial statements and related disclosures;
- Preparation of quarterly MD&A and related support;
- Preparation of quarterly audit committee communication materials;
- Liaising with ARC’s external auditors.
- Participate in managing the preparation of the Annual Information Form;
- Other projects as required such as:
- Peer benchmarking of external reporting-related disclosure;
- User acceptance testing of Financial Reporting systems changes; and
- Liaising with ARC’s Information Systems team to initiate ongoing improvements to the monthly financial reporting package.
Skills, Training and Experience Required:
- Completion of a professional accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA, or CGA) plus five years’ related work experience. Oil and gas industry experience preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an ability to work well both independently and with individuals in all departments of the organization.
- Excellent analytical skills, problem solving and decision-making capability.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment.
- Experience with International Financial Reporting Standards and public company financial reporting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and experience with Qbyte and BPC would be considered an asset.
Closing Date: June 29, 2018
Interested applicants are invited to apply via ARC’s website at http://www.arcresources.com/careers/career-opportunities/
We thank you for your interest in ARC Resources Ltd. however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.